Board - Who Are We?
The Southeast Texas Workforce Development Board, dba Workforce Solutions Southeast Texas, is one of 28 Workforce Boards in the state of Texas that is responsible for leading and governing the regions workforce system. As an administrative body, it provides oversight for employment and training programs in our area. Additionally, the Board is responsible for strategic planning to address workforce issues for a three county region. The Workforce Solutions Southeast Texas region consists of the counties of Hardin, Jefferson and Orange.
The Workforce Development Board consists of up to thirty (30) members. Of these members, fifty-two percent (52%) are employers from the private sector who consistently provide input regarding the needs of employers. The other 48% is comprised of representatives from other entities, such as education, economic development, and other community-based organizations, which ensure that other workforce needs, are also addressed regarding jobseekers and other targeted populations. Members are appointed by the Chief Elected Officials of the region with final approval by the Governor. The regions chief elected officials are the County Judges of Hardin, Jefferson and Orange and the Mayor of Beaumont.
The Board employs twelve staff who are responsible for program planning, monitoring and reporting. The Board staff may be reached at 510 Park St, Suite 500, Beaumont, TX 77701 or by phone at 409.719.4750. The Board meetings are normally held on the first Tuesday of each month at 9:30am at the above address. Meeting dates are posted on this website.
“Equip Southeast Texas with the skills and knowledge that meet the needs of employers to foster the regions economic growth.”
“A world class, competitive workforce for Southeast Texas.”
The Board delivers workforce service via four Workforce Solutions offices which are located in Orange, Beaumont, Port Arthur and Hardin county. The Board has contractors who staff these Workforce Solutions Southeast Texas locations:
510 Park St, Suite 200
Beaumont, TX 77701
Silsbee Public Library
295 N 4th Street
Silsbee, TX 77656
There are many services available through our website and we invite you to explore, as well as, chat with Workforce Solutions staff if you have questions or need assistance.
Executive Director & Chief Elected Officials
Southeast Texas Workforce Development Board
City of Beaumont
Judge Jeff Branick
County Judge - Jefferson County
Judge Wayne McDaniel
Judge Carl Thibodeaux
Get Recovery, Inc.
Exxon Mobil Corporation
Dr. Shannon Allen
Texas Workforce Commission
Dr. Al Barringer
Lamar State College-Orange
Sheet Metal Workers Local #54
Medical Center of SE TX – Victory Campus
Capt. Elmo "Burnie" Burnistine
Early Learning Pre-School & Child Care Center
Valero Energy Corporation - Port Arthur Refinery
South Hampton Resources, Inc.
Cravens Insurance Agency
CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates of SE TX)
Dr. Lonnie Howard
Lamar Institute of Technology
Conn's Home Plus, Inc.
Nickum Insurance Agency
Greater Beaumont Chamber of Commerce
Jerry Wayne Pillsbury
Sabine Area Labor Council
IBEW Local 479
MOTIVA Enterprises LLC
Entergy Texas, Inc.
Rickey L. Simmons
Triple S Industrial Corporation
Greater Orange Area Literacy Services
Silsbee Oaks Health Care LLP
Texas Dept. of Health & Human Services
Dr. Harold W. Whitfield
Texas Workforce Solutions-Vocational Rehabilitation Services